- Any and all bookings taken shall be at the discretion of Cambridge Glitter Bar (“CGB“).
- A booking shall be secure only once CGB is in receipt of the requisite booking fee, there shall be no provisional bookings
- The person making the booking shall be held responsible for full and final settlement of the total amount payable to CGB
- Any and all deposits received by CGB at the time of booking shall be non-refundable
- Any outstanding balance payable in relation to a booking shall be paid to CGB no later than one month prior to the date of the booking. CGB shall provide an invoice detailing any such outstanding balance
- CGB shall accept payment in the form of bank transfer to CGB.
- In circumstances when parking fees apply, the client will be required to cover the charges where CGB’s services are being conducted, for example hotel parking and meter parking
- All correspondence shall be with CGB and shall be confirmed in written form, whether by e-mail or otherwise.
- It is the clients responsibly to make CGB aware of any known allergies or skin sensitivities that they or their party may have prior to service
- CGB cannot be held liable for any losses or damage that is incurred due to the client’s failure to inform the artist of any known condition
- If the client or party requires a patch test for any products, this can be arranged for a small fee
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure they are available at their, pre arranged allocated times. No refund or compensation will be offered by CGB for delays caused by other wedding vendors, guests, or members of the party
- If the booking is directly affected by circumstances beyond the control of CGB including but not limited to weather conditions, safety reasons, where possible CGB will endeavor to rectify such situations, however, no compensation will be offered by CGB. It is strongly advised that you the client take out wedding or event insurance to cover you against these situations
- The client agrees that CGB may use any photography for publicity purposes which include the artist’s website and social media pages.
- Any objections should be made in writing to email@example.com
- Notice of cancellation of any part or whole of a booking must be given to CGB at least one month prior to the date of the booking. If less than one month’s notice is given, any outstanding balance payable in relation to that booking shall be required to be made in full to CGB
- CGB reserves the right to refuse service to the client or members of the party for, but not limited to, infectious conditions / abusive, rude and unreasonable behavior
Acceptance of terms and conditions
- Payment of any deposit to CGB indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions set out above